Spyros M. Polemis, Chairman, International Chamber of Shipping, Chairman, ABS U.K. National Committee
Michael Skapinker, Financial Times Assistant Editor, Columnist and Editor of FT Special Reports
Robert Wright, Financial Times Shipping and Logistics Correspondent
Representatives of Institutions
- Supachai Panitchpakdi, Secretary - General, UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
- Michalis Chrisochoidis*, Minister for Development, Competitiveness and Shipping, Greece
- Deputy Minister for Shipping, Ministry for Development, Competitiveness and Shipping, Greece
- Nikolaos Litinas, Secretary General of Shipping, Ministry for Development, Competitiveness and Shipping, Greece
- Dr. Thanos Pallis, Secretary General of Ports and Port Policy, Ministry for Development, Competitiveness and Shipping, Greece
- Yiorgos Anomeritis, Chairman and Managing Director, Piraeus Port Authority S.A.
- Stavros Hatzakos, General Manager, Piraeus Port Authority S.A.
- George Kastellanos, Operational Director, Hellenic Ports Association (ELIME)
Industry representatives and experts
- Paolo D' Amico, President, Italian Shipowners' Association (Confitarma), President, Amico Società di Navigazione
- Michael Bodouroglou, President and CEO, Paragon Shipping Inc.
- George Cambanis, Global Leader, Shipping & Ports, Deloitte
- Peter Cook, Founder and Director, Security Association for the Maritime Industry (SAMI)
- John N. Cotzias, Sale and Purchase Director, Intermodal Shipbrokers
- Joseph J. Cox, President & CEO, Chamber of Shipping of America
- John Dragnis, Chief Executive Officer, Goldenport Group
- Thomas Franck, Chairman, Finnish Shipowners' Association, CEO, Bore Ltd
- Thor Jørgen Guttormsen, President, Norwegian Shipowners' Association (Norges Rederiforbund), Director, Leigh Höegh & Co
- Janos Koenig, Managing Director, Eurofin Group, UK
- Jong - Chul Lee, Chairman, Korea Shipowners' Association (KSA), Vice - Chairman and CEO, STX PanOcean Corporation
- John C. Lyras, Member of the Board of the Union of Greek Shipowners – ex President
- Carsten Mortensen, Chairman, Danish Shipowners' Association, CEO, Dampskibsselskabet NORDEN A/S
- Tineke Netelenbos, Chairman, Royal Association of Netherlands Shipowners (De Koninklijke Vereniging van Nederlandse Reders) (KVNR)
- Michael Parker, President, UK Chamber of Shipping, Chairman, CMA-CGM (UK) Holdings Ltd.
- Ted Petropoulos, Head of Petrofin Research, PSMI, Greece
- Evangelos Pistiolis, President and CEO, Top Ships Inc.
- Harris Vafias, President and CEO, Stealthgas Inc.
* awaiting final confirmation
FT Business, acknowledging the significance of maritime transportation, presents, in association with Boussias Communications, the World Shipping Congress, to be held in Athens on Sunday 19 and Monday 20 February 2012.
Featuring a combination of keynote addresses, presentations, interactive panel discussions, parallel "focus sessions", closed sessions, private meeting and networking opportunities, the World Shipping Congress will gather the elite of international shipping, world trade and financing to analyse, discuss and forecast the major strategic issues of the Shipping Industry at an era of high economic uncertainty and financial fragility.
- The world economy and its effect on world trade and maritime transportation
- Emerging markets – BRIC and beyond
- Industry focus: Bulk, Tankers, LNGs, Containers and Offshore Drilling
- Ship financing prospects, capital markets and banks
- Ports, shipyards and scrapyards
- And more: piracy, the effect of Basel III on Shipping, insurance and P & I Clubs
Read the highlights of the agenda